1884 Birmingham Musical Festival
The 1884 Birmingham Musical Festival was a concert held at O'Brien's Opera House on the evenings of Tuesday May 13 and Wednesday May 14, 1884. The event was managed and promoted by W. F. Seals and N. T. Seals.
The festival was headlined by coronet virtuoso Erhard Eichhorn and his 30-piece "Great Western Star Band Orchestra" from Louisville, Kentucky.
Additional performers included:
- Frederick Innes, slide trombone soloist from New York City
- Madame S. J. Friedenheimer, an operatic singer who was prima-donna of the Louisville Exposition
- Professor Alfredo Barilli, a pianist and orchestra conductor from Atlanta, Georgia
- Eva Cuckler, operatic singer and prima-donna of the Exquisite in Atlanta, Georgia
- a chorus of 150 voices drawn from Birmingham and adjacent towns