1893 Auburn Tigers
The 1893 Auburn Tigers football team actually represented the institution then known as the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Alabama. Coached mainly by G. H. Harvey, the orange and blue finished their six-game season undefeated, outscoring their opponents by 116 points to 62 on the way to a 3-0-2 record.
- February 22: The first Iron Bowl was played in Birmingham's Lakeview Park against the University of Alabama. Auburn, coached for the game by D. M. Balliet, defeated the white-clad varsity team from Tuscaloosa 32-22.
- November 6: Auburn defeated Vanderbilt 30-10 in Montgomery.
- November 18: Auburn played Sewanee to a 14-14 tie in Atlanta.
- November 30: In Montgomery, Auburn crushed Alabama in their second meeting 40-16.
- December 7: Neither Auburn nor Georgia Tech managed to score in a 0-0 tie.