2016 AHSAA Super Seven Championships
The 2016 AHSAA Super Seven Championships were the annual football championships for all seven classes of football programs in the Alabama High School Athletic Association. Since 1996 the championship games have been scheduled to coincide on one field during one weekend. Beginning in 2009 the event began alternating between Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa and Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn. The 2016 Super Six was hosted at Auburn on November 30-December 2.
- Class 1A (Thursday, December 1): The Maplesville High School Red Devils (14-0) defeated the Pickens County High School Tornadoes (11-4), 40 to 12 to win a third consecutive state championship.
- Class 2A (Friday, December 2): The Fyffe High School Red Devils (15-0) defeated the Aliceville High School Yellow Jackets (13-2), 28 to 0 to claim their second championship in three years.
- Class 3A (Thursday, December 1): The Piedmont High School Bulldogs (15-0) defeated the Mobile Christian High School Leopards (13-2), 22 to 12 to claim a second consecutive state championship.
- Class 4A (Friday, December 2): The Handley High School Tigers (13-2) defeated the Madison Academy Mustangs (13-2), 30 to 7 to claim its 2nd state championship.
- Class 5A (Thursday, December 1): The Beauregard High School Hornets (13-1) defeated the Wenonah High School Dragons (11-3), 33 to 13 to win its first ever state championship
- Class 6A (Friday, December 2): The Ramsay High School Rams (13-2) defeated the Opelika High School Bulldogs (13-2), 21 to 16 to claim its first ever state championship.
- Class 7A (Wednesday, November 30): The Hoover High School Buccaneers (12-2) defeated the McGill-Toolen Catholic High School Yellowjackets (13-1), 17 to 7 to earn a 12th state championship.
Total attendance for the three-day event was reported as 45,229. The crowd for the Wednesday evening 7A championship game was 11,786.
- Sentell, Jeff (December 9, 2014) "Super 7 attendance figures were the lowest since the championships moved to Auburn and Tuscaloosa." The Birmingham News