The theater exterior was extensively renovated in 1915 with new poster windows on the street. In 1916, calling itself the "Most Beautiful Little Theatre in the South ", the Alcazar boasted its range of motion picture plays from Broadway, World, Fox, Metro and V.L.S.E. pictures as well as its 12-piece house orchestra ("The largest in any Picture Theatre in the South").
The Alcazar Theatre was later re-named the Capitol Theater.
- "The Beautiful Alcazar Theatre" (January 20, 1916) The Birmingham Magazine. Vol. 1, No. 4, p. 42 - accessed via Birmingham Public Library Digital Collections