Billy's Sports Grill
Billy's Sports Grill (formerly Billy's Bar & Grill) is a bar and restaurant with two locations. The restaurant menu is known for its hamburgers, grilled chicken sandwiches with white sauce, and boiled shrimp salads.
The original bar was located at 2012 Cahaba Road in Mountain Brook's English Village. It opened in 1979 and closed in 2019 following a dispute with their landlord, the Barber Companies.
Billy's was purchased in 2005 by Terry Humpryes. In May 2007 Humphryes announced he was opening a second location on Overton Road near I-459 to serve the Liberty Park area. In 2012 Humphryes opened a third Billy's in Northport.
- 2012 Cahaba Road, English Village, 1979-2019
- 4520 Overton Road, Liberty Park, 2007-
- 430 Main Avenue, Northport, 2012-
- Goodman, Sherri C. (May 5, 2007) "English Village bar Billy's sets 2nd site." The Birmingham News
- Rupinski, Patrick (August 19, 2012) "New sports grill to open in former Globe location." The Tuscaloosa News
- Martinson, Coleman (July 2, 2019) "Billy’s Sports Grill in English Village to close after 40 years." Birmingham Business Journal
- Billy's Bar & Grill website