Birmingham Polo Classic
The Birmingham Polo Classic is an annual charity polo tournament held at the Birmingham Polo Grounds (9190 Highway 22 in Montevallo) to benefit Children's Hospital Intervention and Prevention Services (CHIPS).
In addition to the polo tournament, the event includes children's activities, a silent auction, live music and a catered food tent.
The first Classic was held in 2005.
The 2nd annual Classic was held on June 10, 2006. Frank Stitt catered the food tent and live music was provided by Rosie Ledet and the Zydeco Playboys. The tournament itself matched four teams sponsored by local companies. The preliminary match pitted Adamson Ford against Procurement Solutions. The feature match was played by Brookwood Medical Center and Bottega. $125,000 was raised for CHIPS.
- Adamson Ford: Dr Jay D. Addison, George Erb, Nick Cifuni, and Steve Tipler
- Healthcare Procurement Solutions: Ed Robbins, Carlos Martinez, Tito Gorosito, Doug Moore
- Brookwood Medical Center: Kenneth Bramlett, Oscar Hernandez, Hugo Nunez, Bob Edmundson
- Bottega: Frank Stitt, Guy Vise III, Freddy Villar, Bill Hough
The 3rd annual Classic was again hosted by Frank and Pardis Stitt.
- Haise, Judy (April 19, 2006) "Stitt catering, Zydeco music planned for '06 Polo Classic". Birmingham News.
- Birmingham Polo Classic website