Birmingham Steel Magnolias
|Birmingham Steel Magnolias|
|League||Women's Football Association|
|Home field||Lawson Field|
The Birmingham Steel Magnolias were a professional women's football team playing as a part of the Women's Football Association during the 2002-2003 season. The team played its home games at Lawson Field and was owned by Alta Svoboda. The team and league folded midway through the season.
Women's Football Association
The Women's Football Association was established in October 2002 after six teams left the Women's American Football League and would disband by the end of the season. The association featured two conferences and eight teams:
- Central Conference: Birmingham Steel Magnolias, Georgia Enforcers, Indianapolis Vipers, New Orleans Voodoo Dolls
- Southern Conference: Jacksonville Dixie Blues, Orlando Fire, South Carolina Crusaders, Tampa Bay Force 
2002-03 record (5-6)
- October 12: Lost 20-14 vs. Indianapolis Vipers.
- October 19: Won 20-8 at Georgia Enforcers.
- October 26: Won 3-0 vs. New Orleans Voodoo Dolls in a forfeit.
- November 2: Lost 40-16 vs. Jacksonville Dixie Blues.
- November 9: Lost 14-8 at Indianapolis Vipers.
- November 16: Lost 35-0 vs. Orlando Fire.
- November 23: Won 3-0 at New Orleans Voodoo Dolls in a forfeit.
- December 7: Won 3-0 vs. Georgia Force in a forfeit.
- December 14: Won 3-0 at Tampa Bay Force in a forfeit.
- December 21: Lost 3-0 at Orlando Fire in a forfeit.
- January 11: Lost 38-6 at Indianapolis Vipers in (Conference Championship).