Bristol Southside is a 4-story, 156-unit condominium development located on the corner of 4th Avenue South and 20th Street in Midtown/Southside near UAB. The project was developed by the Bristol Development Group of Franklin, Tennessee which purchased the property, formerly owned by Tom Williams Buick in April 2004.
Hensley Lamkin Rachel, Inc of Dallas, Texas was the project architect. The design of the facades is broken up into discrete "urban traditional" fronts with brick, stone and stucco facings. The design strategy is similar to that employed in the renovation of Brookwood Village.
Ground was broken in July 2005 for a planned 170 units and was scheduled for completion in 12 months. The units range in size from 500 to 2,000 square feet and in price from $90,000 to $400,000. An adjacent parking deck from Tom Williams Buick was refurbished for residents. A new fitness room and swimming pool were built as part of the project.
Meridian Construction and Development was the contractor. In January 2006 the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) cited the contractor for subcontractors working under unsafe conditions. 
Bristol Southside opened in November 2006 with 95% of its units sold or under contract. Ingram & Associates markets the units locally.
- "Condominiums near UAB now open; residents to begin moving in." (November 15, 2006) Birmingham Business Journal
- Wilkinson, Kaija (August 5, 2005) "Developer pleased by demand in Southside." Birmingham Business Journal
- Crisson, Dana Cowart (July 31, 2005) "Bristol Southside". The Birmingham News Real Estate section.
- "Nashville developer plans condos near UAB" (March 24, 2005) Birmingham Business Journal
- Bristol Southside website