Broad Street Missionary Baptist Church
Broad Street Missionary Baptist Church, founded in 1878 as Spring Street Baptist Church, is a Baptist congregation which meets at 121 Morris Avenue in Smithfield.
The church was founded in a frame house donated by Felix Mudd at the site of the first Elyton School on Elyton's Broad Street. The Elyton Land Company donated land at the present site and bricks salvaged from the old Jefferson County Courthouse, which had burned in the 1880s, toward a new church building which was constructed between 1909 and 1914. The church was designed by Wallace Rayfield.
The church building was extensively renovated in 1966.
- Solomon Crenshaw Sr, 1960-2009
- Truitt Evans Sr, 2019
- Durough, Allan R. (2010) The Architectural Legacy of Wallace A. Rayfield: Pioneer Black Architect of Birmingham, Alabama. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press ISBN 9780817316839
- Crenshaw, Solomon Jr (December 12, 2019) "The history of Birmingham’s 141-year-old Broad St. Missionary Church." The Birmingham Times