Browns Station (Brownsville)

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Browns Station is a community in west Birmingham. The name was derived from a stop on the Birmingham to Bessemer #1, South Bessemer streetcar. During the 1800 and 1900 era when iron ore was being mined by Tennessee Coal and Iron Company (TCI), Browns Station was a major stop on the main Birmingham to South Bessemer streetcar line. The mining communities of TCI #7, and #8 were accessible from Brown's Station.