Calloway Elementary School
|Calloway Elementary School|
|District||Birmingham City Schools|
|Location||3417 34th Terrace North, (map)|
William H. Calloway Elementary School was an elementary school in the Birmingham City Schools system located at 3417 34th Terrace North at the intersection of F. L. Shuttlesworth Drive (formerly Huntsville Road) in the Collegeville neighborhood.
The school was built in 1958 by the Wilborn Construction Company at a cost of $129,768. It had six classrooms, a lunch room and and office. It originally served African American students, and was named for William Calloway.