Campbell Hall is located at 1300 University Blvd on the UAB campus. It was built in 1978 and opened on March 6, 1978 as University College Building No. 5. It was renamed a month later on April 4, 1978 in honor of Dr. George W. Campbell, who was vice president for University College from 1958-1978. The original building had two floors and two additional floors were added during a major renovation in 1991.