Central Park Presbyterian Church
Central Park Presbyterian Church was a Presbyterian church located at 4212 Avenue Q, at the intersection of 43rd Street Ensley, two blocks north of Bessemer Road in Birmingham's Belview Heights neighborhood. It was founded in 1924.
The church's 1926 Spanish mission-style church building, designed by Miller & Martin architects and constructed by White & Coleman, is a contributing structure to the Belview Heights Historic District. The stucco-clad nave is lit by large round-topped stained-glass windows. The side entrance is marked by a square tower crowned with an octagonal lantern. The original barrel-tile roof has been replaced with asphalt shingles.
In 1955 the church completed a $135,000 addition, designed by E. B. Van Keuren and constructed by A. L. Sullivan.
By 2009 the building was used by the Inner City Ministries Christian Church, and later by Progressing Foundation Ministries
- J. Allen Anderson, 1944
- J. Ernest Somerville, 1948–1956
- Ernest Flaniken, 1961
- "Miller & Martin, Birmingham Architects" (January 25, 1927) The Dixie Manufacturer, Vol. 16, No. 2, p. 90