Lincoln Life Building

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
the Lincoln Life Building

The Lincoln Life Building, later the Chamber of Commerce Building and Stallings Building, currently housing Jemison Flats, is a 7-story edifice on the southwest corner of 1st Avenue North and 19th Street. It was designed by architect William Leslie Welton and constructed in 1909 on the former site of the Chalifoux Building.

It originally housed the Birmingham offices of the Lincoln Life Insurance Company, but was soon taken over by the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce.

Tenants

References

  • A quote from the October, 1929 issue of the "Comptometer News" newsletter (pg 23) [Published by Felt & Tarrant Manufacturing Co., Chicago, U.S.A.] : "On August 20th the Birmingham Comptometer School and Office moved into new quarters at 618 Lincoln Life Building."