Climax Shaving Parlors

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
1884 advertisement for Climax Shaving Parlors

The Climax Shaving Parlors was a barber shop offering haircuts, shaves and hot and cold baths. The business, owned by African-American barber Frank McRee, was created by merging his former Frank McCree's Barber Shop with the Climax Shaving Parlor which had been operating in association with Solomon Wise's Climax Bar.

The joined business moved into the newly-built brick building opposite Ware & Mudd's crockery store on 2nd Avenue North, between 19th and 20th Streets.

References