Colonial Theater

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Colonial Theater was a downtown Birmingham motion picture theater that opened on August 28, 1916 and screened pictures distributed by the Triangle Film Corporation of Culver City, California.

At its opening, the managers also booked a number of Vaudeville acts from the Affiliated Booking Corporation of Chicago, Illinois, including the "White Rats" (Bill Rapoli, Dixon's Models, the Atroude Trio, McCune &Grant, and Gordon & Wallin). A dispute arose over the number of daily performances, resulting in a negotiated compromise. The manager doubted whether the theater could continue with fewer than four shows per day due to its limited seating capacity.

References

  • "Trouble in Birmingham" (August 30, 1916) Variety