Costa's Mediterranean Cafe
Costa's Mediterranean Cafe is a Birmingham-based Greek restaurant chain with two locations.
The orignal restaurant was located at 9500 Parkway East in Roebuck. It was opened in 1986 by Gus and Maria Kanellis, who 5 years earlier had opened Costa's Famous Bar-B-Que on Old Springville Road in nearby Huffman.
The Kanellis' converted their Costa's New South Cafe in Hoover to the nameplate in 1995. Maria Kanellis oversees the Hoover location.
In 2006, the Kanellis' purchased and converted the former Bennigan's location on Trussville Crossings Parkway and closed the original Roebuck location.
- 5891 Trussville Crossings Parkway, Trussville (opened August 2006)
- 3443 Lorna Road, Hoover (opened 1995)
- 9500 Parkway East, Roebuck (opened 1986, closed 2006)
- Wilkinson, Kaija (June 16, 2006) "Costa's to open new restaurant in Trussville." Birmingham Business Journal
- Costa's Mediterranean website