Daniel Construction Company
The Daniel Construction Company was founded by Charles Daniel in Greenville, South Carolina in 1935. His brother, R. Hugh Daniel, moved to Birmingham to open a new Alabama branch of the company in 1936. Its offices were located at 822 7th Avenue South.
In 1964 Daniel Construction was absorbed into the private Daniel Corporation, which then evolved to specialize in real estate development and management alongside its long-standing construction business. The corporation continued to operate its building division with offices in several states until the multinational Fluor Enterprises of Irving, Texas acquired them in 1977.