Bobby Underwood purchased the company in 1993 and opened the first Birmingham location, at Phelan Park that May. The restaurant serves the same menu of pork ribs, sauce, and white bread made famous at the Tuscaloosa location, and has added sandwiches, side dishes and desserts to the menu.
In 2010 the restaurant chain opened a new headquarters and manufacturing facility off West Oxmoor Road. The facility packs and ships Dreamland products to mail order customers and produces sauce for retail sale. It also has a large pit where barbecue is cooked for sale at football stadiums.
Betsy McAtee, Underwood's daughter, is the current CEO of the Dreamland Holding Company.
- 5535 15th Avenue East, Tuscaloosa (opened 1958)
- 1427 14th Avenue South, Birmingham (opened 1993)
- 3314 Old Shell Road, Mobile (opened 1995)
- 10730 Alpharetta Highway, Roswell, Georgia (opened 2000)
- 3855 University Drive, Huntsville (opened 2003)
- 1010 Tallapoosa Street, Montgomery
- 5250 Peachtree Parkway, Norcross, Georgia (opened 2005)
- 101 Bridge Avenue, Northport (opened 2005)
- 2415 North Monroe Street, Tallahassee, Florida (opened 2016)
- 101 Inverness Corners, Hoover (opened 2016)
- Stern, Jane & Michael. (2005) Roadfood New York City: Broadway Books, p. 222 . ISBN 0767922646
- Williams, Roy L. (November 20, 2010) "Dreamland Bar-B-Que moves to new Homewood manufacturing facility." The Birmingham News
- Coon, Lexi (August 30, 2016) "Dreamland bringing barbecue down 280." 280 Living