Edgewood Presbyterian Church

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Edgewood Presbyterian Church is located at 850 Oxmoor Road in Homewood. The congregation was founded in 1912 by the merger Rosedale Cumberland Presbyterian Church and members of Oak Grove Cumberland Presbyterian Church who desired to follow the majority of their denomination into the Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. and its Presbytery of Birmingham. From 1919 to 1928 it was named Edgewood Community Church.

An earlier carpenter Gothic building was taken down in 1953. The current education building had been erected in 1949 and the church building, designed by George P. Turner or Turner and Batson constructed between January 1966 and March 1967.

In 1978, many members left the church with its pastor Bill Hay to found Covenant Presbyterian Church. Edgewood is now a More Light congregation in the Presbytery of Sheppards and Lapsley of the Presbyterian Church (USA).

Pastors

References

External links