Engel Realty Company

From Bhamwiki
(Redirected from Engel Real Estate)
Jump to: navigation, search
Engel realty.gif

Engel Realty Company is a commercial and multi-family real estate firm. It was founded as an insurance underwriter in Birmingham in 1905. Currently, the firm specializes in purchasing and managing investment properties. In 1988 the company merged with the Boothby Companies.

The company's original offices were in the Morris Hotel.

In the 1980s the firm had office space in the Bank for Savings Building, which Marvin Engel helped to redevelop. After a move to Hoover, the firm returned to Birmingham, settling on Highland Avenue.

In 1999 the company moved to new offices on the ground floor of its University Place Apartments at 951 18th Street South in Southside Birmingham.

Selected properties

References

  • Wilkinson, Kaija (November 18, 2005) "Engel Realty at 100: Working like a youngster." Birmingham Business Journal.
  • "Engel Realty Company." (January 2007) Birmingham Then & Now Special Promotion. Birmingham Magazine. Vol. 47, No. 1, p. 131

External link