Family Reserve Insurance Company
The Family Reserve Insurance Company (originally the Luquire Insurance Company) was an insurance agency founded in August 1927 as a burial society by the Luquire family.
The firm changed its name in January 1944 and, in 1945 erected a monumental limestone-clad office building on the former site of the A. W. Smith residence on the northwest corner of 20th Street and 6th Avenue North.
- "Birmingham Burial Insurance Company Head And Girl Are Plane Victims" (May 26, 1937) Associated Press/The Tuscaloosa News
- "Liberty National Buys Family Reserve Firm (November 30, 1950) The Tuscaloosa News