Henley Retail Block

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Henley Retail Block in 1939

The Henley Retail Block or Moskin-Henley Retail Block was a two-story commercial building located on the northwest corner of 1st Avenue North and 19th Street, the former site of the O'Brien Opera House in downtown Birmingham.

It was designed by Harry Wheelock of Wheelock & Wheelock, and completed in 1915. Bricks from the former opera house were used in the construction of the new building.

The Henley Retail Block was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. It was demolished in the 1990s.

Tenants