Jefferson Metropolitan Park Lakeshore (JeffMet Lakeshore) is a 337-acre industrial park located on the south side of Lakeshore Parkway, backing up to Little Shades Creek between Shannon-Wenonah Road and Alabama State Highway 150.
The development is operated by the Jefferson County Economic and Industrial Development Authority. It opened in 2006 with a $400 million data center which was built for Wachovia and is now operated by Wells Fargo.
In 2010, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama's $55 million data center and Southern Company's $20 million data center were completed. By then the park had lured at least $495 million in investment and 170 jobs. Though more than 164 acres remain at the 337-acre park, one 119-acre site makes up the bulk of the remaining space. The board contemplated purchasing an adjacent 222-acre site which was being held in foreclosure by Alamerica Bank.
In 2011, Community Health Systems of Franklin, Tennessee purchased 4.5 acres and commenced building a $25 million data center, which would employ 15 workers. That June, another 4.65 acres was sold to a major insurance company who plan to build a data center. JeffMet Lakeshore is serviced by 7 of the 9 fiber optics communications companies operating in the area.
- 101 Long Leaf Parkway, Wells Fargo data center (built 2006)
- 301 Long Leaf Parkway, Oxford Pharmaceuticals
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Data Center (built 2010)
- Southern Company Data Center
- Community Health Systems
- Tomberlin, Michael (December 18, 2009) "Jefferson County agency in land rush for development." The Birmingham News
- Kent, Dawn (May 12, 2011) "JeffMet park gets another data center." The Birmingham News
- O'Leary, A. J. (April 18, 2022) "Wells Fargo moves forward with renovation project at industrial park." Birmingham Business Journal