Jefferson County Medical Society

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Jefferson County Medical Society was a professional organization which served as the Board of Health for Jefferson County. It was first organized in 1865 by Joseph Riley Smith. Stella Harris, wife of then-President Seale Harris, founded a women's auxiliary in 1923.

In the 1950s the society shared offices with physician William Coleman in the Southern Life & Health Insurance building at 2121 Highland Avenue.

The current Jefferson County Medical Society building is located at 901 18th Street South.

References