Jefferson Federal Savings & Loan

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Jefferson County Building and Loan Association logo.png
Jefferson Federal's Roebuck branch

The Jefferson Federal Savings and Loan Association was a savings and loan with offices in the 1925 Jackson Building at 215 21st Street North.

It was founded in 1892 as the Jefferson County Building and Loan Association by F. M. Jackson. Frederick Dixon served as president in the 1890s. It was renamed the "Jefferson Federal Savings and Loan Association" in 1933.

Frank Yeilding, Jr was CEO from 1949 to the 1980s. Jefferson Federal was acquired by AmSouth Bank in the early 1990s.

Branches

References

External links

  • 1970s photograph of the Jefferson Federal Savings and Loan building on Flickr.com