Jones-Bailey Cemetery is a historic, city-owned cemetery in Calera.
Established in 1841, Jones-Bailey Cemetery is just inside the northern Calera city limits off U.S. Highway 31. The cemetery is the resting place of 100 to 150 people, including at least one Revolutionary War soldier, several Confederate soldiers, and members of Calera's early prominent families.
Barbara Roberts, a Calera historian and co-founder of the Shelby County Historical Society, led a successful effort to have the cemetery declared a landmark. On November 13, 1978, the Alabama Historical Commission listed it on the Alabama Register of Landmarks & Heritage. Roberts also started a trust fund to help maintain the cemetery using donations from family members of those buried there. She was later buried there herself.
In 2006, Edmund Roberts, concerned what might happen to the cemetery when he was no longer able to manage the trust fund started by his wife, approached the city about taking ownership. The city recognized the cemetery's significance and immediately began the process, finalizing it in early 2007. The $8000 trust fund established by Roberts will help the city pay for maintenance.
 External links
- Drexel, Keysha. (May 2, 2007.) "City set to take over care of Jones-Bailey Cemetery." The Birmingham News