June 15 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2007: City Stages kicked off at Linn Park.
- 2006: The 217th Presbyterian General Assembly was held at the BJCC.
- 2006: BSC announced it would not field teams in baseball or men's basketball for the 2006-07 season.
- 2005: Singer Bo Bice married Caroline Fisher at New Hope Presbyterian Church in Helena.
- 2002: Rojo opened on Highland Avenue.
- 2001: Birmingham Steeldogs 75 - Lafayette Roughnecks 31 at the Cajundome.
- 1993: A wild black bear, later named Bruno, was captured in Smithfield.
- 1991: The National Register of Historic Places expanded the limits of the Anderson Place Historic District.
- 1985: Tampa Bay Bandits 17 - Birmingham Stallions 14 at Tampa Stadium.
- 1958: Pitcher Virgil Trucks was traded to the New York Yankees.
- 1914: The Tutwiler Hotel opened on 20th Street North.
Births and deaths
- 2014: Sardis Missionary Baptist Church pastor Samuel Pettagrue died.
- 2007: Business man and volunteer Leonard Weil died.
- 2007: Professional wrestler Sherri Martel died from a drug overdose in McCalla.
- 1986: NFL wide receiver Montez Billings was born.
- 1983: Pastor Michael McClure, Jr was born.
- 1981: NFL linebacker Saleem Rasheed was born.
- 1980: Former Birmingham News entertainment editor Lily May Caldwell died in Birmingham.
- 1972: Birmingham Barons manager Carlos Subero was born in Venezuela.
- 1970: Former hospital administrator and Larry Langford chief of operations Chris Hartsell was born.
- 1964: Actress Courteney Cox was born in Mountain Brook.
- 1936: State Representative Owen Drake was born in Anniston.
- 1892: Football coach Wallace Wade was born in Trenton, Tennessee.