June 28 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2007: Richard Scrushy and Don Siegelman were sentenced after being convicted of bribery, conspiracy and mail fraud.
- 2005: Richard Scrushy was acquitted of 36 counts of fraud and conspiracy.
- 1969: The Birmingham Genealogical Society was incorporated.
- 1942: Cartoonist Charles Brooks enlisted in the U.S. Army at Fort McClellan.
- 1910: The first public offering of building lots in Corey (Fairfield) raised $350,000.
- 1988: NFL nose tackle Terrence Cody was born in Fort Myers, Florida.
- 1968: Football coach Bill Clark was born in Anniston.
- 1949: Football player Clarence Davis was born in Birmingham.
- 1942: Novelist Sena Jeter Naslund was born in Birmingham.
- 1926: Banker Jack Shannon was born in Birmingham.
- 1911: Sports hall of famer Jimmy Hitchcock was born in Bullock County.
- 1894: Actress Lois Wilson was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 2008: Ruben Studdard married Surata Zuri McCants at Canterbury United Methodist Church in Mountain Brook.
- 1941: William Yester married the former Ruth Anne Mulvaney.
- 1898: Physician Ulysses Mason married the former Alice Nelson of Greensboro.
- 2011: Architect John Fuller died in Birmingham.
- 2009: High school coach Iola Baylor died.
- 1950: Blues harmonica player Jaybird Coleman died in Tuskegee.