June 8 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: Kenny Stabler was arrested for DUI in Baldwin County.
- 2007: The Alabama Symphony Orchestra performed "Bravo Broadway" for Sounds for Summer at Caldwell Park.
- 2007: The White's Mountain Bluegrass Festival started at White's Mountain Bluegrass Park.
- 2006: A steel coil was dropped on I-20/59, punching eight holes in the interstate, damaging a car, and causing minor injuries to the driver.
- 2006: The Shoe Corp. warehouse, and a million pairs of shoes inside, were lost in a four-alarm fire.
- 1996: Heather Whitestone married John A. McCallum.
- 1978: Maryon Allen filled the vacant seat left by the death of her husband, U.S. Senator James Allen.
- 1955: Walt Disney's feature "Davy Crockett" opened at the Melba Theatre.
- 1948: The Ku Klux Klan raided Camp Blossom Hill in Brummitt Heights.
- 1906: Attorney William Grubb married Alice Claire Vigo in Birmingham.
- 1879: Emma Pettis eloped with engineer Richard Hawes.
- 1962: Restaurateur Chris Dupont was born in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 1959: Baseball pitcher Britt Burns was born in Houston, Texas.
- 1943: Basketball player Thales McReynolds was born in Birmingham.
- 1941: Attorney and one-time mayoral candidate Frank Parsons was born.
- 1938: Drummond Company chairman and CEO Garry Drummond was born in Sipsey.
- 1937: Five-time Birmingham Barons pitcher Joe Grzenda was born in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- 2014: Public relations professional Ron Council died.
- 2010: Rosenberger's Birmingham Trunk CEO Mae Rosenberger died.
- 1982: Baseball pitcher Satchel Paige died in Kansas City, Missouri.
- 1908: Sixth Avenue Baptist Church pastor J. Q. A. Wilhite died.