KPS Group, Inc. is a large architecture and planning firm located in Bakers Row in 14th Street South.
The firm was founded as a sole practitioner's office by Murray Kidd in 1965. It expanded as a partnership and has been known as Kidd, Wheeler and Plosser and Kidd, Plosser, Sprague before adopting its current name. The president is Gray Plosser.
In 1997 KPS Group acquired Housworth Parker Cherry Roberts Inc. of Atlanta, Georgia, which became a branch office. Emory Kirkwood and Associates was acquired in 2007, and JH Partners of Huntsville was acquired in 2010.
Before moving to Bakers Row in 2015, the firm was located in the Steiner Building at 2101 1st Avenue North.
- Springville Road Library, 1981
- Birmingham Central Library, 1984 (with Morris-Aubry of Houston, Texas)
- Downtown YMCA, 1984
- Leeds Railroad Depot restoration, 1984
- Woodward Building renovations, 1985
- Hugo L. Black Federal Courthouse, 1987
- Pickwick Hotel adaptive reuse, 1988
- Parisian Headquarters, 1988
- Arlington Crest, 1991
- Birmingham Museum of Art expansion, 1993 (with Edward Larrabee Barnes)
- Brmingham International Airport terminal expansion, 1993
- Two North Twentieth renovations, 2000
- Indian Springs Village comprehensive plan, 2002
- Crestwood-Oporto District Redevelopment Plan, 2006
- Burger-Phillips building renovations, 2008
- Lakeshore Foundation expansion, 2008
- Heritage Hall, 2008
- Ruffner Mountain Nature Preserve, Treetop Visitor's Center, 2010
- Pizitz building renovations, 2012
- KPS Group, Inc. website