Lorna Road forks off of Montgomery Highway (Hoover) as a three-lane road, just south of the Interstate 65 interchange, lining up with one pair of on/off ramps. It then continues south-southeast to the east of Montgomery Highway to an intersection with Patton Chapel Road/Rocky Ridge Road. At this point the road expands to five lanes, crossing over Interstate 459 and then curving southwest. In the curve, the road narrows to four lanes, but expands to five lanes again afterward.
The road then continues to an intersection with Montgomery Highway at the Riverchase Galleria, expanding to seven lanes immediately around the intersection. At this point, the road west of the intersection is actually John Hawkins Parkway (Alabama State Highway 150), but approximately one-tenth of a mile west of the intersection, Lorna Road branches off again as a two-lane road heading southwest. It then turns southeast just before coming to Bains Bridge at the Shelby County line. At this point, the road becomes Old Montgomery Highway, crossing Helena Road just before rejoining Highway 31 at a segment named Pelham Parkway.
Some portions of what is now Lorna Road were originally part of Columbiana Road, although in the early 1900s Columbiana Road followed a path closer to the current Montgomery Highway in that region. Bains Bridge, however, has been a part of the route since at least that time.
- For an alphabetical list of locations, see the Lorna Road category.
- Montgomery Highway (Hoover) intersection (Lorna Road begins/ends)
- Wisteria Drive intersection
- Braddock Drive intersection
- Hoover Lane/Carousel Court intersection
- Whiting Road intersection
- Patton Chapel Road/Rocky Ridge Road intersection
- 3300: Lorna Road Chevron
- 3320: Walmart Neighborhood Market (former site of La Chateau Apartments)
- 3309: The Village on Lorna shopping center, former location of Alabama Computer Associates (1990)
- 3429: Jack's #166
- 3437: Union State Bank
- 3443: Carmike 10
- 3443: Costa's Mediterranean Cafe (formerly Costa's New South Cafe and Costa's Famous Bar-B-Que)
- 3454: Hoover Self-Storage (formerly Antique Super Mall)
- Municipal Drive/Lorna Ridge Drive intersection
- Passes over Interstate 459 (no access)
- Woodmeadow Drive/Old Rocky Ridge Road intersection
- Rocky Ridge Ranch Road intersection
- Centennial Drive intersection
- 3635: Express Oil Change #30
- Data Center Drive intersection
- Montgomery Highway (Hoover) intersection (continues west as John Hawkins Parkway, but just past the intersection, Lorna Road branches off again to the south)
- Merchant Drive intersection
- Summer Place Parkway intersection (Barrington on the Green apartments)
- Riverchase Drive intersection
- Chace Lake Parkway intersection (Chace Lake Villas)
- Lorna Crest Road intersection
- 3950: formerly Ismaili Center
- Bains Bridge over the Cahaba River (road continues south as Old Montgomery Highway)