Welcome to Bhamwiki
Bhamwiki, now in its ninth year, is an encyclopedic resource for anyone curious about Birmingham, Alabama and the region around it. We aim for accuracy, objectivity, and accessibility as we work steadily to expand our coverage.
Bhamwiki has more than ten thousand individual entries to explore. There are several ways to navigate the site. Click on any blue link to read an article about that topic. Try perusing some of our featured articles, or our newest entries. Take a chance by clicking on "random page" to the left. Or, if you know what you're looking for, try the search box, or you can even start at the top and work your way down.
If you're interested in contributing corrections, comments, or an idea for an article, check out our Bhamwiki:Suggestion box. If you'd like to join the project as an editor, please review our Bhamwiki:User agreement. Note that all contributions are reviewed for adherence to our content policy and are subject to correction and expansion by other editors.
Llewellyn Johns monument
In the news
- July 8: Former Alabama Crimson Tide and NFL quarterback Kenny Stabler died.
- June 13: Deontay Wilder knocked out Eric Molina in the 9th round of his WBC World Heavyweight title defense at Bartow Arena.
- June 1: UAB president Ray Watts announced the planned reinstatement of the Blazers football, women's bowling and rifle teams.
- May 27: The Jacksonville Suns defeated the 2015 Birmingham Barons 8-2 in the 2015 Rickwood Classic.
- ...that Shades Cahaba is the only Homewood elementary school not to have suffered a major fire?
- ...that Louise Wooster's sister was also a noted Birmingham madam, under the name Maggie Bracken?
- ...that the Indian Springs School once boasted a "Truth House", a tilting classroom used to demonstrate physics concepts?
- ...that Samford Bulldogs men's basketball coach Scott Padgett scored 1,874 points during his 7-year NBA career?
Today is Thursday August 27, 2015. Bhamwiki has been running since March 15, 2006. The project currently has 443 registered user accounts and contains approximately 11,208 articles. See Bhamwiki:Milestones for more information on the growth of the site. You can also join us on facebook or follow along on twitter.
Looking for Bhamwiki-branded apparel and equipment? Try the Bhamwiki Boutique.