Manor Village

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Manor Village (originally the Letchworth Apartments) is a 12-unit, 6 building complex of Tudor-styled apartments on the hillside below 21st Street South near Vulcan Park, accessed from below at 1843 and 1855 16th Avenue South. They were constructed in 1929 and the complex included two three-car auto garages on 16th Avenue and paved walks, stairs and courtyards between the buildings.

The complex was listed as a contributing structure to the 1991 expansion of the Five Points South Historic District in the National Register of Historic Places.

References

  • Brown, Jim and Steven Kay (April 12, 1991) "Five Points South Historic District Expansion". Application to the United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places. NPS Form 10-900

External links