March 9 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: The roof of Erskine Ramsay Hall at Samford University collapsed.
- 2004: Now It's Overhead released Fall Back Open on Saddle Creek Records.
- 2004: Olympic skater John Zimmerman was featured on an episode of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.
- 1995: The Olympic soccer countdown clock was dedicated.
- 1985: Birmingham Stallions defeated Orlando 34-10.
- 1948: Johnny Johnston founded Tire Engineers in Lakeview.
- 1931: The Alabama House of Representatives adopted "Alabama" with words by Julia Tutwiler and music by Edna Gockel Gussen as the Alabama State Song.
- 1887: The Hospital of United Charity was incorporated.
- 1856: National fraternity Sigma Alpha Epsilon was founded at the University of Alabama.
- 1853: Attorney Mitchell Porter married J. Catherine Martin.