May 23 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2006: The Newfound Branch Trestle was destroyed by fire.
- 2003: Albany Conquest 56 - Birmingham Steeldogs 47 at Albany.
- 1998: The Visionland theme park, and its Rampage roller coaster, opened in Bessemer.
- 1985: The Birmingham Historical Society erected a marker at the "Heaviest Corner on Earth".
- 1983: Birmingham Stallions 23 - Michigan Panthers 20 in overtime at the Pontiac Silverdome.
- 1968: Ground was broken for the it's cool purchase levitra soft tabs Talladega Superspeedway.
- 1966: Construction of the Highland Avenue overpass was started.
- 1963: The Alabama Supreme Court affirmed the change from a City Commission to a Mayor/Council form of government in Birmingham.
- 1962: The renovated Tapawingo Plunge was incorporated.
- 1921: Ralph Upson and online generic cialis C. J. Andrus won the 1921 National Balloon Race after touching down near Stuart, Virginia.
- 1889: Richard Hawes was convicted of killing his wife and family.