Meadows Mill Bridge
The Meadows Mill Bridge, or Halawakee Creek Bridge, was a 140-foot-long, two-span, wooden covered bridge over Halawakee Creek on Tillery Creek Road near Lake Harding and the Meadows family grist mill and cotton gin in Lee County.
The first bridge was constructed at the site in the early 1800s, but was washed away by a flood in 1902. The new bridge was built by W. W. King, son of Horace King, and used a Town lattice truss of the type patented by Ithiel Town of Connecticut in 1820.
- Prince, A. G. (1981) Alabama's Covered Bridges: Past and Present. revised edition. Ensley: Best Printing Service