MetroPrime Steakhouse

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
MetroPrime logo.jpg

MetroPrime Steakhouse was a steak restaurant in the former "The Mill" location at 1035 20th Street South in front of Pickwick Plaza, at the intersection of 20th Street and Magnolia Avenue in Five Points South.

The steakhouse, which opened in November 2011, was owned by Brett MacDonald, who also owned the Fuego Cantina and Saloon in the Spanish Stores nearby. The interior was completely renovated for the new restaurant, which seated 120 in the dining room, 25 at the bar, and 30 on the outdoor patio. Alain Ehrhardt was the restaurant's general manager.

The restaurant sourced its entrees from Chicago's Meats By Linz and employed artisan butcher Benjamin Plesic to prepare meats for smoking, grilling and curing. Executive chef Warren Weiss oversaw the kitchen, which offered seafood, sandwiches, and a variety of side dishes as well as steaks and other meats.

The steakhouse closed in early 2015.

References

  • Diel, Stan (April 21, 2011) "Brett MacDonald plans full-scale shakeup for his Metroprime Steakhouse in Birmingham." The Birmingham News
  • Carlton, Bob (November 25, 2011) "New MetroPrime Steakhouse adds to the dining mix in Birmingham's Five Points South." The Birmingham News
  • Davis, Bryan (February 4, 2015) "MetroPrime Steakhouse at Five Points closes." Birmingham Business Journal