After the new town was established, the school moved to an empty store front on 17th Street between Avenue F and Avenue G. In 1899 a group of residents selected a temporary school board to plan for a new school building. Judge Rod Scott, D. R. Hay, Edgar Keenon, T. G. Mackay, R. J. Powell, J. J. Walker and D. J. Moore served on that board.
The Ensley Land Company donated a site at the corner of Avenue G and 14th Street Ensley where a new two-story brick school building was completed in 1900. Moore was elected principal and served until 1906. Subsequently the school was re-named in his honor.