Mortimer Jordan Hall
Mortimer Jordan Hall (formerly the Fort Mortimer H. Jordan Alabama National Guard 109th Evacuation Hospital Armory) was a two-story, 28,965 square foot UAB administrative building located at 1825 University Boulevard at 19th Street South. Groundbreaking for the building occurred in September 1959, and was officially dedicated on October 2, 1960. Opening originally as an Alabama National Guard Armory in 1960, it was demolished in 2002 to make way for the Shelby Biomedical Research Building.
- A Chronology of the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and its Predecessor Institutions and Organizations, 1831- The University of Alabama Board of Trustees, accessed May 1, 2011.