November 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2012 Photojournalist Jeff Roberts died.
- 2007: Larry Langford was sworn in as Mayor of Birmingham.
- 1999: The Pelham Prowlers lost 8-1 against the Jacksonville Hammerheads.
- 1978: The Alabama Historical Commission listed Calera's Jones-Bailey Cemetery on the Alabama Register of Landmarks & Heritage.
- 1927: Actor Hal Lynch was born in Birmingham.
- 1913: George Ward was sworn in as President of the new Birmingham City Commission.
- 1910: Journalist and novelist William Bradford Huie was born in Hartselle.
- 1904: Lieutenant Governor and Birmingham Mayor Albert Boutwell was born in Montgomery.
- 1899: Archer Howard Hill was born in Wilsonville.
- 1867: Alabama State University opened with 113 students.