November 27 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2007: Homewood named Phil Dodd its Chief of Police.
- 2007: The Birmingham City Council revoked the Screening Room's business license.
- 1997: Willie James Ware's nomination to the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Ninth Judicial Circuit was withdrawn.
- 1986: Homewood High School's marching band made their third appearance in the New York Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
- 1954: The Alabama Gun Collectors Association was organized in Birmingham.
- 1951: The Club was reorganized as a non-profit to avoid bankruptcy.
- 1933: The Tennessee Coal, Iron & Railroad Company put another furnace into blast at its Fairfield Works.
- 1903: The Commercial Club of Birmingham announced that it had commissioned Giuseppe Moretti to sculpt a "giant man" to represent Birmingham at the St Louis World's Fair.
- 1950: Baseball player Lyman Bostock Jr was born in Birmingham.
- 1886: City engineer A. J. Hawkins was born in North Birmingham.
- 1829: Elyton Land Company engineer William Barker was born in Georgia.
- 1900: Dian Holzer married Leo Steiner.
- 1866: James Luckie married Susan Dillard in Newton County, Georgia.
- 2015: Hardware dealer Vance McBride died.
- 2013: Reverend James Naughton, pastor of St Theresa Catholic Church in Leeds, died.
- 1993: Baseball player Millard Hayes died in Decatur, Georgia.
- 1949: Doctor Lloyd Noland died at the Fairfield hospital that bore his name.
- 1931: Real estate broker Sumter Bethea died in Birmingham.
- 2011: Neil Callaway resigned as UAB football coach.
- 2009: Alabama scored a last-minute touchdown to win 26-21.
- 2006: Head football coach Mike Shula was fired by the University of Alabama.
- 1987: Auburn won the 1987 Iron Bowl 10-0.
- 1982: Auburn won the 1982 Iron Bowl 23-22 after losing the 9 previous matchups.
- 1976: Alabama won the 1976 Iron Bowl 38-7.
- 1975: The first Vulcan Run (then called the Bicentennial Run) was held.
- 1971: Alabama won the 1971 Iron Bowl 31-7.
- 1965: Alabama won the 1965 Iron Bowl 30-3.
- 1936: Boxer Izzy Jannazzo went the distance against Barney Ross in a welterweight title bout at Madison Square Garden.