November 29 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2006: WJOX began broadcasting on frequency FM 100.5.
- 1969: The Downtown Action Committee sponsored its final Birmingham Christmas parade.
- 1909: A statewide referendum to add prohibition to the Alabama Constitution of 1901 failed by a margin of 24,000 votes.
- 1900: St Vincent's Hospital dedicated their new hospital building.
- 2011: Blogger and Paul Finebaum Radio Network regular Shane Corn died from lung cancer.
- 2007: Sportswriter and editor Kathy Lumpkin died in Brandon, Mississippi.
- 2006: Businessman Herman Spivey died.
- 2003: Baseball player Jim Carlin died.
- 1950: Private Tommy Stagg was killed in action in North Korea.
- 1900: Brewer Erwin Schillinger died of Bright's disease (acute nephritis)
- 2008: UAB shut out C-USA rival Central Florida 15-0 in Orlando.
- 2008: The Tragic City Rollers took on the Birmingham Blitz Derby Dames in Birmingham, England.
- 1900: The Clemson Tigers defeated the 1900 Alabama Crimson Tide football team 35-0 at North Birmingham Park. The game was called with a little over four minutes to play due to impending darkness and unrest in the crowd.
- 2008: Alabama shut out Auburn 36-0 in the 2008 Iron Bowl at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
- 1986: Auburn beat Alabama 21-17 in the 1986 Iron Bowl at Legion Field.
- 1980: The Crimson Tide defeated the Auburn Tigers 34-18 in the 1980 Iron Bowl.
- 1975: The 1975 Iron Bowl saw Alabama shut out Auburn 28-0.
- 1974: Alabama 17, Auburn 13 in the 1974 Iron Bowl.
- 1969: Auburn defeated Alabama 49-26 in the 1969 Iron Bowl.
- 1958: Auburn 14, Alabama 8 in the 1958 Iron Bowl.
- 1952: Alabama shut out Auburn 21-0 in the 1952 Iron Bowl at Legion Field.
- 1894: Alabama upset Auburn 18-0 in the 1894 Iron Bowl, played in Montgomery.