October 25 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: Alabama A&M defeated Alabama State 17-16 in the Magic City Classic at Legion Field.
- 2008: Samford defeated The Citadel 28-10 at Seibert Stadium.
- 2008: BSC lost 25-6 to Centre College in Danville, Kentucky.
- 2008: Miles College lost 24-0 to Fort Valley State in Fort Valley, Georgia.
- 2007: The Alabama Steeldogs announced that they would not compete in 2008.
- 2007: Forever Wild acquired two tracts which added 9,746 acres to the Coosa Wildlife Management Area.
- 2005: Sojourns Fair Trade store opened.
- 1982: David Schultz defeated Bob Armstrong to win the NWA Southeastern Heavyweight Championship in Birmingham.
- 1955: A ceremonial groundbreaking for the Hotel Stafford was held in Tuscaloosa.
- 1950: The second annual Bessemer Corn Festival was held.
- 1921: A throwback game at Rickwood Field was played by the "rules of 1872".
- 1918: Two miners died in a rock fall at Eureka No. 4 Mine in Helena.