October 27 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2011: Birmingham Financial Federal Credit Union was taken over by federal regulators.
- 2010: Shoal Creek Golf and Country Club founder Hall Thompson died.
- 2008: The Homewood City Council renamed 17th Street South for Morris Benson.
- 2007: Alabama A&M defeated Alabama State 13-9 in the Magic City Classic.
- 2007: UAB Blazers lost 41-6 to East Carolina in Greenville, North Carolina.
- 2007: BSC Panthers lost 38-28 to Colorado College at Regions Park.
- 2007: Samford won at Tennessee Tech 59-52.
- 2001: The Blazers defeated Memphis 17-214 in the Battle for the Bones.
- 2001: The Alabama Slammers lost 6-0 against the New Orleans Voodoo Dolls in Huntsville.
- 1991: Branko Medenica's "Centurion" was dedicated in front of the Mel Bailey Criminal Justice Center.
- 1988: Realtor, historian and musician James F. Sulzby, Jr died.
- 1983: Businessman R. Hugh Daniel died.
- 1976: Security guard Eric Lathan was born.
- 1958: Trussville City Council president Wayne Taylor was born in Chalkville.
- 1956: The cornerstone for the current Shades Valley Lodge No. 829 building was laid.
- 1954: Attorney and nurse anesthetist Joe Knight was born in Miami, Florida.
- 1913: Former Mayor of Homewood Bob Waldrop was born.
- 1882: Businessman Robert I. Ingalls was born.