Oliver Lock and Dam
The William Bacon Oliver Lock and Dam is located in Tuscaloosa on the Black Warrior River. Completed in 1940, it was named after U. S. Representative William Oliver. The dam forms Lake Oliver, and was the first modern dam to be built on the Black Warrior. It replaced and covered the first three locks built on the river, which were completed in 1895.
 External links
- Black Warrior Hydrologic Modifications at Rivers of Alabama
| Black Warrior River|