One Federal Place
One Federal Place was developed by a partnership of Sloss Real Estate Group and Barry Real Estate of Atlanta, Georgia. MSTSD, Inc. of Atlanta was the architect and Nimrod Long & Associates designed the landscaping. Brasfield & Gorrie was the general contractor. Ground was broken on January 9, 2001 and construction was completed in 2002.
The building is clad in gray granite and blue-tinted glass and includes a lobby pavilion designed to complement the nearby Federal Reserve building and a 448-car parking garage. An outdoor plaza facing 5th Avenue includes a wall of water, vertical panels of greenery, and a pool lined with brightly-colored glazed tiles given to the City of Birmingham by the nation of Morocco. The building's design won an Award of Merit from the Georgia Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and the project was also honored by the Associated Builders and Contractors.
After completion, the building was owned by BGK Texas. In November 2012, with 95 percent of space leased, the building was sold to Santa Fe, New Mexico-based Rosemont Realty. Since June 2008, it has been managed by the Brookmont Realty Group.
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings
- Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart
- Tyler Eaton Morgan Nichols & Pritchett
- Walston Wells Anderson & Bains
- Zoe's Restaurant
- 1820 4th Avenue North: vacant, formerly Restaurant G (2002-2006), Mix (2011-2013), Continental Bakery Downtown (2014-2015)
- Mahoney, Ryan (April 4, 2003) "Walston Wells law firm moving to One Federal Place." Birmingham Business Journal
- Tomberlin, Michael (June 24, 2008) "Brookmont Realty leasing One Federal." The Birmingham News
- Kent, Dawn (November 26, 2012) "Rosemont Realty purchases One Federal Place." The Birmingham News