- This article is about the downtown street. For other uses, see Park Place (disambiguation).
Park Place is a five-block east-west city street in the heart of downtown Birmingham between 6th and 7th Avenue North. The street begins in the west at 19th Street North, continues along the southern border of Linn Park, and then cuts through the Park Place Hope VI housing development.
Early maps of Birmingham label the street as Park Avenue, maintaining the scheme of naming east-west as avenues. The street originally only ran from 19th to 21st Street North, but was later extended to 22nd Street using the existing alley. During the Hope VI project, it was extended to 24th Street. The new, two-block section is one-way east.
- 19th Street North intersection
- Nina's Way intersection (north only)
- 20th Street North intersection (south only)
- North side:
- South side:
- 2015: Birmingham Board of Education Building (proposed location for the Westin Grand Bohemian)
- 2021: Tutwiler Hotel (1986) and Icon restaurant, formerly the Ridgely Apartments (built 1913), former location of the Enslen Building, Birmingham High School (1890-1906), Birmingham Public Library (1891-1903), Park Hotel (-1913)
- Richard Arrington Jr Boulevard North (21st Street North) intersection
- 22nd Street North intersection to 24th Street North intersection