Pediatrics East is a pediatric medical practice and part of the Children's Health System. It was founded in East Lake in July 1957 by Vincent Carnaggio. The first days of the clinic were marked by a flu epidemic that killed 70,000 across the United States and by frequent cases of German and red measles, chicken pox, rheumatic fever and meningitis.
In 1962 Carnaggio partnered with Charles Money. Howard Bearman joined the group in 1967 and is now the senior partner. The practice moved to 1112 Gene Reed Road in Huffman in 1985 and opened a second office at 6729 Deerfoot Parkway in Clay in 1997. Carnaggio retired in 2005 and Money passed away in May 2007.
In 2011 the group moved from Huffman to a new 8,000 square-foot office on Simmons Drive off U. S. Highway 11 in Trussville. The new facility was developed by Southpace Properties for lease to the practice. The clinic in Clay remained open after the move.
- McLean, Jean M. (July 2007) "50 Candles: Pediatrics East Celebrates a Half Century of Medical Care." Birmingham Medical News
- Cooper, Lauren B. (January 6, 2011) "Southpace, Children's Health System to build Trussville pediatrics office." Birmingham Business Journal
- Pediatrics East website