Publix is a grocery store chain with more than 1,200 locations throughout the southeastern United States. The company headquarters are in Lakeland, FL. They opened their first store in Alabama in 1996 and, as of 2019, there are 77 stores throughout the state.
The company was founded by George W. Jenkins in the early 1930's. His first two stores were located in Winter Haven, FL and in the 1940's the company began to expand into other regions with the purchase of a chain of 19 small stores (All-American Stores) and a warehouse.
- Chelsea Crossroads, 501 Chelsea Xrds
- Hoover Place, 1584 Montgomery Highway
- Tattersall Park, 6219 Tattersall Blvd; (opened November 6, 2019)
- Trace Crossing, 2543 John Hawkins Parkway
- Valleydale Village, 5188 Caldwell Mill Road
- The Village at Lee Branch, 410 Doug Baker Blvd
- Morgan Road Plaza, 4293 South Shades Crest Road (opened in 2021)
- Mountain Brook
- Vestavia Hills
- Beahm, Anna (November 12, 2019) "New Publix grocery store opening on Lakeshore Parkway Nov. 20" The Birmingham News
- Thornton, William (March 13, 2020) "Vestavia Hills Publix to open March 25" The Birmingham News
- Staff (November 6, 2020) "New Publix nears opening in suburbs" Birmingham Business Journal
- Publix official website